I have a little break in between shows right now, so I’ve started working my script for launching background renders from Nuke again. It’s now called “bgNukes” and has what should be a permanent home on GitHub. I’ll also try to keep it updated on Nukepedia, too.
I have two goals for it: make it work on any platform and any version from 5.2 to the current one and also provide feedback in the GUI about how the renders are progressing. both of these will require some learning on my part, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Update 4 September 2010: Because of some great feedback from Nukepedia, I added a feature to specify which render node (or nodes) are being executed. (Thanks Djati!)